Zap-It! is a revolutionary, pocket-sized device that is really effective at stopping the itching and swelling caused by mosquito bites and virtually all other biting insects, as well as jellyfish stings and stinging nettles. Zap-It! is chemical free, non-allergenic, small, clean and light to carry (measures only 4.5 x 4 x 2cm and weighs just 12g). A lovely design, robustly made and ecologically sound, as it has no batteries and can be used over a long period to treat up to 1000 bites.
Tested by Lyn Hughes (Editor) Wanderlust Magazine: “Our most successful travel gadget”
Mary Ann Sieghart, The Times: “10/10!”
“Worked brilliantly and a huge hit with the kids” Rachel Murphy, Daily Mirror
How Does It Work?
Clicking Zap-It! several times around the area of a bite has the effect of localising the poison and inhibiting the histamine release which causes the itch and the urge to scratch. The toxicity of the mosquito bite becomes neutralised with no harmful effect on the surrounding skin. Zap-It! is completely safe for human body and an effective treatment for insect bites.
Key Characteristics and Benefits
- Rapidly stops itching and the urge to scratch.
- Dramatically reduces inflammation and skin blemishes.
- Measures only 4.5 x 4 x 2cm and weighs just 12g.
- Safe, simple and easy to use.
- Effective on most common insect bites.
- Extensively tested by leading entomologists who agree that Zap-It! is effective.
- No batteries required, no chemicals, non-allergenic.
- Ecologically sound, no sell-by date.
- Portable, discreet, can be used anytime and anywhere.
5.0 out of 5 stars – Summer essential
7 August 2017
Since buying my first “zapper”, an impulse buy in Lidl, 3 years ago, I wouldn’t now be without having one of these handy if I’m outdoors in the summer, gardening, walking etc. I normally react to mozzie and especially horse fly bites with swollen red itchy wheals, but I’ve found that if I get in quick with my zapper (I do about 10 or more zaps per bite) and for the horse flies follow up with dabbing on some white vinegar to disinfect, my usual skin reaction rarely develops, so no swelling and not much itch at all. I carry one in my shoulder bag or backpack and there’s one by the back door. They’ve lasted the full 3 years so far, but I’m taking no chances so I’ve bought 2 more from Amazon. I was sceptical at first but I’m living proof that they work. Brilliant gadget!
5.0 out of 5 stars – Excellent
21 February 2013
For some reason insects find my blood too tasty to resist. And, I get allergic reactions when I get bitten. I’ve tried Deet based products and they irritate my skin. I’ve tried the smelly stuff, the natural remedies and a list of things. I have tiger balm and anti-histamines, you name it. I got this product hoping that it would take the irritation out of bites whenever I get one…And, it works! It really works. Of course nothing beats preventing getting bitten in the first place, and, if you’re like me – you’re going to get bitten- there’s places you won’t put the lotions!
I found that when I get a bite if I get the clicker to it within 5minutes then it doesn’t become an itchy massive lump. I tend to click more than is suggested and, this may be more about my own fear of the bite developing into a wait at the hospital. This little device works and if you are one of those people who gets bitten a lot then do yourself a favour and invest in one! You won’t regret it.